The West Bengal government has recently introduced a scheme for the loan facility of students – Student Credit Card Scheme. This is the scheme that facilitates the students with easy access to loans and this is the major purpose of the scheme. In fact, it is a good option for those who want to get higher studies and are struggling in finance to get the same.
You can get all the details related to WB Student Credit Card, Online Application and Registration Process, Eligibility to apply for the same, applicable interest rate, and list of required documents in this section.
A brief look into the scheme
On 30th June 2021, West Bengal’s Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee announced a great “Student Credit Card Scheme” through her official twitter account. She added words in the tweet that she was very much delighted to launch that scheme. She also mentioned that it would be a good scheme for the students who are seeking to pursue their higher studies and they can make use of the scheme by submitting the application through the given official website.
Under this scheme, it is possible for the students to apply for upto Rs. 10 Lakh loan amount for the purposes of continuing their higher studies. The beneficiary students will be issued with a credit card by the banks and the students can avail the facility of withdrawing an amount up to Rs. 10 Lakh using this credit card. They can avail the scheme to do their UG, PG education and also for Doctoral, and Postdoctoral studies. They can do the studies in India or in a foreign country as they wish.
Highlights of the student credit card scheme
- One of the noteworthy features of this student credit card scheme is applicants are able to avail the loan facility till the age of 40.
- The loan is collateral free and is repayable within 15 years
- This carries a nominal interest rate of 4%.
- Applicants are also able to use the funds for both institutional and non-institutional expenses such as rent, study excursions, lodging fees, and project work.
- This scheme is available for all the students who have resided in West Bengal for the past ten years.
- Students who are doing their 10th and above can be the beneficiary of the scheme.
- The scheme also adds benefits to those who prepare for competitive examinations such as Medical, Engineering, Law, IAS, IPS, SSC, WBCS, UPSC, PSC, SSC etc.
- It is possible to have admission in foreign universities and continue studies of Ph.D. and post-doctoral levels.
- Moreover, students also avail the support of taking their academic studies from Madhyamik level to the grade of professional level and get employed in reputed job openings.
Eligibility to apply for the scheme
If you are looking for the information on who are eligible to apply for this scheme and avail the loan facility, below is the details for you.
- All the students pursue secondary, madrasah, higher secondary, UG and PG studies that include professional degrees.
- Applicant must be a permanent West Bengal resident and he would have resided for 10 years.
- Loan facility is available to students for 10th and above.
- The maximum age limit for applying loan is 40 years
- The loan amount can be used only for studies, not for work or employment.
Documents required for applying West Bengal Credit card scheme
- Colored photo of applicant – applicable formats jpeg or .jpg. The size of the image should not exceed 50KBand minimum 20 KB.
- Aadhar card
- Residency Certificate
- Ration card
- Income certificate
- Bank account details
- Color Photograph of the co-applicant or co-applicant
- 10th Board registration certificate of the student
- PAN Card of the student
- PAN Card of the guardian
- Address Proof of the guardian
- Relevant document of the brochure or School or Institution or document that incorporates the details of the course fee or tuition fee
How to apply for the scheme – Online registration process
If you like to enroll for the scheme, just follow the below steps:
- Visit www.wb.gov.in or https://banglaruchchashiksha.wb.gov.in web pages
- Click ‘Student Credit Card tab’ option found on the home page
- Non registered students will be needed to Log in to https://wbscc.wb.gov.in for availing the online application facility
- A new webpage appears and it will have input fields
- Enter all the required details in the web page containing the Registration of Student form:
Two options will be there – one for the student credit yojna registration form for those students with aadhaar card. Another is – WB student credit yojna registration form for students who don’t have aadhaar card
- Click on the ‘Register’ button and you can generate user id and password
- After completing the registration process, a unique id will be generated and sent to the student’s mobile number which is registered in the application.
Offline applying process:
- Visit official website page of wbscc.wb.gov.in
- Download WBSCC Scheme Prospectus PDF file
- You can find all the details related to the Student Credit Card Scheme in the downloaded file.
- Go to State Co-operative Banks, a Central cooperative bank linked with it, a public or private sector bank and its affiliated Central Cooperative Banks.
- Get your application for the scheme and fill it up and attach the required documents.
- Submit the filled out WBSCC Loan Application to the Bank officials
- A Reference number will be provided by the bank. Get that.
- You can track the application using this reference number.
Contact details for the scheme of Students Credit Card Yojana
Contact number : 1800-102-8014
Further support : email@example.com
Senior official from the state finance department has said that there are more than 10,000 applications received so far and the applications will be sent to the banks after examining the attached documents. For the successful and eligible applicants money will be transferred to the institution and they can withdraw through the given credit card. It has been warned by the Chief Minister that there should not be any kind of allegations taken against this scheme.
Also Read: Current Balance Vs Available Balance